The Product Developer actively improves the credit union by leading product innovation initiatives that drive revenue growth and increase member engagement and satisfaction. Product Developers develop creative product strategies and implement tactical plans. The Product developer spearheads the development and deployment of the credit union’s product offerings. Additionally, the Product Developer acts as a project manager for cross-functional teams.
1. Product Innovation
* Develops compelling, differentiated, and innovative products that match the organization’s strategic objectives.
* Prepares business cases for new product concepts including expected effects on revenues, new volumes, and member participation.
* Constantly searches for new product ideas both from within and outside the financial industry.
* Identifies existing and future market trends and conceptualizes their application to credit union products and services.
2. Project Management
*Serves as a project manager for product development initiatives.
* Leads cross-functional teams on assigned product development projects.
*Communicates effectively with all project team members and ensures project tasks are clearly defined.
* Maintains requirements documentation and has a thorough understanding of all project business rules.
* Relentlessly tracks project progress and holds project team accountable for assigned tasks.
*Identifies project bottlenecks and finds solutions to clear them.
* Ensures project timelines are met or exceeded.
*Confirms project testing results match the project requirements.
*Obtains approval and buy-in from all affected areas prior to product launch.
*Prepares after-action review to assess and identify project’s successes, failures, and challenges.
3. Interaction with Others
*Maintains positive relationships with credit union staff and external vendors and contacts.
*Serves as liaison between business units, vendors and all other development project participants.
*Keeps department and senior management appraised of project progress.
*Constantly engages with credit union staff and membership to identify potential areas for product innovation.
4. Related Duties as Required or Assigned
*Completes special projects as as