Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional teller operations:
- Ensures that all teller functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with established polices and standards. Ensures that all security procedures are followed.
- Coordinates teller operations by assisting in assigning work and distributing work flow. Coordinates weekly schedules, monitors lunch and breaks, tracks sick and vacation leave.
- Answers Service Representative's questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems. Explains policies and procedures to members. Makes judgments for service Representatives within limits of authority, pertaining to cashing and/or accepting checks or drafts. Gives authorization for overrides.
- Investigates teller out of balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Ensures that each teller balances at the end of each day and that all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs teller paying and receiving functions as required. Receives share deposits and loan payments. Prepares proper receipts.
- Maintains an inventory of cashier's checks, money orders, receipts, travelers checks, and other negotiable items for use in the teller area.
- Balances vault and replenishes. Orders cash and disburses cash to tellers.
- Monitors orders, dispenses, ships, and balances cash.
- Keeps ATM filled and functional.
- Loan training and duties (extent will vary form branch to branch).
Assumes responsibility for ensuring and effectively performing Member Services functions:
- Member Services functions are performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Answers questions of Service Representative personnel, solves problems and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems.
- Explains services, policies, and procedures to members. Opens and closes accounts. Processes stop-payments, wire transfers,certificate accounts, and other products. Corresponds with members regarding claims.
- Actively and professionally cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Assists in completing dealer payoffs and with delivery of titles.
Effectively supervises area personnel, ensuring optimal performance:
- Provides leadership to personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Ensures that personnel are well-trained, effective, and optimally used. Provides instruction regarding policy, procedure, and service and product offerings. Assists and coaches new employees.
- Tracks individual employee progress and assists with performance appraisals as required. Provides support and suggestions for employee improvement.
- Assists and supports personnel as needed.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations exist with members:
- Resolves members' requests, problems, and questions are promptly and courteously resolved. Answers members' questions or refers appropriately. Answers questions regarding account balances. Assists members with needs as requested.
- Keeps members accurately and appropriately informed of Credit Union policies and procedures. Receives and processes new accounts and changes to existing accounts.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation.
- Trains the staff on a continuous basis (staff meetings).
- Quarterly security training.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Department, Branch, area personnel, and with management:
- Coordinates Service Representative duties and responsibilities with related functions within and outside of the branch.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Provides suggestions for improved service. Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately. Types end of month reports.
- Attends meetings as required. Relays information to staff.
- Maintain employee progress files.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned:
- Ensures that work area and equipment are clean and well-maintained.
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of operations, including vault, alarm, and doors.
- Fills in for Service Representatives as needed.
- Performs related clerical functions as required.