Responsible for performing mortgage loan support services including assisting members with questions and completing basic accounting and clerical duties. Maintains departmental records and files and types routine reports and records. Assists or refers members as necessary. May set-up and complete new loan processes. May process payments and adjustments to mortgage loans. May assist members in setting up automatic payment plans. May disburse PMI and MIP premiums. May assist with taxes and insurance processes and functions. May assist with collection activities on delinquent mortgage loans. May assist with payoff processes and functions. May complete reporting requirements to secondary market investors.
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively and efficiently performing mortgage loan support activities
a. Answers member questions regarding mortgage loans, payments, balances, and insurance requirements.
b. Processes payments from tellers including loan payoffs and adjustments.
c. Processes mail payments.
d. Completes investor reporting requirements. Records account data and disbursement of funds to investors.
e. Set-up new loans.
f. Pay PMI and MIP premiums.
g. Performs collection efforts as assigned in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
h. Receives Hazard Insurance declarations and premium bills. Sets up new files and disburses insurance premiums as scheduled. Corresponds with insurance agents.
i. Pay property taxes on mortgage properties.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with members.
a. Resolves (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously.
b. Keeps members properly informed of Credit Union policies and procedures.
c. Maintains confidentiality.
d. Maintains and conveys the Credit Union's professional reputation.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and with management.
a. Assists and supports area and all Credit Union personnel as needed.
b. Completes reports and records promptly and accurately.
c. Maintains departmental files.
d. Attends meetings as required.
e. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Performs miscellaneous clerical and secretarial functions as needed.
b. Keeps work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
c. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- General understanding of mortgage loans and mortgage processes.
- General office skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting/bookeeping is preferred.
- Varied office experience.
- Excellent communication, telephone, and public relations skills.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong typing abilities.
- Good basic math skills.
- Well organized.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Able to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment.