Responsible for origination of long term mortgage loans as well as lot, construction, and limited first purchase loans. Conducts initial prequalification interviews and prepares complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with Credit Union and secondary investor guidelines. Meets Mortgage Team scheduling and documentation requirements, and production expectations as determined by the Mortgage Origination Manager. Serves members, prospective members, builders, developers, and realtors promptly and professionally. Provides general Credit Union information and cross-sells services. Assists Mortgage Team members as necessary.
• Associate degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience.
• One to two years of mortgage loan originating experience.
• One to two years of related mortgage loan processing experience.
• Real estate background helpful.
• Understanding of the foundation of determining credit worthiness.
• Familiarity with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
• Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment.