Assist Network Security Administrators in hardening and securing the credit union networks, servers, desktops, and other systems, including administration of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus, VPN, and other security applications. Train, mentor, and provide leadership to junior network security administrators.
1. Assumes responsibility for effective training, project management and mentorship of security administrators.
• Assigns projects to security administrators.
• Assists Cybersecurity Manager with training requirements and project budgets.
• Mentors security administrators in areas of firewalls, IPS, VPN, WAF, proxies and other security processes.
• Assists Cybersecurity Manager with performance reviews.
2. Assumes responsibility for effective maintenance of Check Point firewalls.
• Assists in maintaining firewall software and hardware.
• Patches firewalls when necessary.
• Maintains firewall rule set through regular audits of firewalls rules.
• Creates, deletes, and modifies firewall rules when needed and does so using established policies and procedures.
• Ensures firewalls are properly monitored by internal monitoring systems.
• Assists in monitoring firewall logs.
• Tunes and configures firewalls for peak performance.
• Maintains and configures application firewalls.
3. Assumes responsibility for effective maintenance of intrusion detection systems.
• Maintains intrusion detection system rule sets, including keeping rule sets current.
• Monitors alerts and logs generated by intrusion detection systems.
• Ensures proper placement of various intrusion detection sensors and servers.
4. Assumes responsibility of SSL and IPsec VPN systems.
• Maintains, configure, and troubleshoot SSL and IPsec VPN connections, including both site-to- site and client connections.
• Ensures VPN systems are up-to-date.
5. Assumes responsibility of Web Application Firewall.
• Maintains, configure, and troubleshoot Web applications that are behind the application firewall.
• Ensures new services are built behind the application firewall.
6. Assumes responsibility for securing wired and wireless networks.
• Works with network administrators to ensure wired and wireless networks are secure.
• Ensures wireless networks are up-to-date and secure against new, evolving threats.
7. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with area staff and management.
• Keeps management informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives. Provides recommendations for establishing new and more effective programs and future equipment needs. Suggests related procedural changes.
• Assists and supports the rest of the team as needed.
• Prepares reports of activities, records, and other required documents.
• Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
• Works with server, desktop, and laptop administrators to ensure their systems are fully patched and follow established security hardening procedures.
8. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Stays informed of changes in security technology.
• Keeps work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Assists with security assessments of credit union systems, including application-based attacks such as fuzzing, injection, etc.
• Assists with the security assessment of various software purchases, external vendors and technology service providers.