Responsible for providing clerical and processing support for all collection functions including maintaining departmental records and files, answering and directing telephone calls, typing routine reports and records, and preparing and processing various collections' documents. Assists members promptly and professionally.
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely performance of collections processing functions.
a. Maintains and updates information and files relating to collection functions. Retrieves documentation from vault as requested.
b. Performs related typing, document preparation, and correspondence duties.
c. Completes assigned records and reports. Documents all processing functions. Follows-up to ensure that all necessary items are available for Collections' functions.
d. Screens or directs visitors and telephone calls.
e. Assists members with questions and helps resolve problems with member accounts.
f. Separates and mails outgoing letters twice daily.
g. Completes write off functions including coding of bankrupt accounts and updating system codes.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
a. Resolves or properly refers member questions.
b. Properly informs members of Credit Union policies and practices.
c. Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and Management.
a. Assists and supports personnel as needed.
b. Keeps supervisor informed of activities and significant problems.
c. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Performs additional clerical support functions as needed.
b. Keeps work area clean, secure and well-maintained.
5. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all assigned secretarial and clerical functions.
a. Performs a variety of typing duties.
b. Processes collection documents for imaging.
c. Monitors and orders all Department supplies.
d. Prepares documentation on loans extended or refinanced and sends to the Records Department.