Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient performance of Branch operations:
- Supervises work scheduling and work flow of daily routine operations.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures Branch security, including opening and closing the building in accordance with set hours. Tests security equipment quarterly.
- Supervises and assists with Member Services functions. Opens new accounts and cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Acts as a Loan Officer, processing and approving member loans within established policies and limits set.
- Authorizes overrides.
- Implements changes to established policy and procedures within the Branch.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining the proper cash controls:
- Ensures that all Branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day.
- Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists Tellers in resolving balancing problems.
- Controls and handles daily deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Periodically verifies cash in possession of tellers and cash on the premises.
Effectively supervises Branch staff, ensuring optimal performance:
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting and communication.
- Directly supervises all Branch personnel. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
- Conducts regular meetings with Branch employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure. Ensures that staff members are well informed of new products, services, rates, and policies. Answers staff questions and assists in problem solving.
- Ensures that personnel are well-trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Completes orientation of new employees in overall Branch procedures. Performs cross-training as necessary. Schedules employee testing and recommends specific training programs as appropriate.
- Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used. Determines appropriate staffing levels for proper utilization of human resources.
- Tracks individual progress and conducts performance appraisals on each employee at least twice annually. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends merit raises and bonuses for employees as appropriate.
- Approves all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each Branch employee. Keeps accurate payroll and attendance records.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members:
- Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles Member complaints. Explains policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union products and services. Counsels members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
Assumes responsibility for the effective administration of Branch functions:
- Ensures that Branch operations are well coordinated with appropriate operation departments. (Accounting, Security, Records, Etc.).
- Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
- Continually seeks ways to improve Branch operations and productivity and to meet established goals.
- Tracks Branch statistics, prepares periodic activity reports, and makes recommendations to Management for improvements.
- Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out.
- Ensures that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment are available for personnel.
- Institutes prudent safety measures.
- Keeps management informed of Branch activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems. Requests assistance when necessary.
Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned:
- Fills in and performs duties in Branch positions as needed.