Responsible for providing clerical and basic accounting support for all Mortgage funding activities. Communicates loan status to all involved parties including buyer, seller, realtor and Title Company representatives. Reviews Closing documents for accuracy. Performs final preparation and audit of all documents needed for Closing. Reviews closed files and forwards documents to Shipping and Funding personnel. Verifies Wire information between Title Company and closing. Keeps records and accounts accurate and current. Researches and resolves funding errors and accounting discrepancies. Provides support to all Mortgage personnel and provides assistance as required. Performs related miscellaneous clerical duties are required.
1. Assumes responsibility for providing effective administrative support for team Mortgage loan Closing.
Balances Closing figures.
Reviews all closing documents for completeness and accuracy including Title reports and lock confirmations
Conducts follow up with outside sources for documentation requested by Mortgage Closer.
Prepares miscellaneous correspondence and records.
Assists Members, agents, sellers and Title company representatives to comply with Investor requirements for Closing.
Ensures compliance with Underwriting conditions
Approves and coordinates disbursements of loan funds.
Obtains and signs off Closing conditions.
Assists with all other duties assigned.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with Members and Mortgage industry professionals.
Address members requests and questions promptly and courteously
Informs Members of Credit Union loan policies and procedures.
Researches and retrieves information from Closed loans
Maintains the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
Posts information to computer records and checks for accurate General Ledger downloads.
Authorizes vendor payments and maintains all related records.
Completes reports, records and documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with Investors, Title Companies, Appraisers, Insurance companies and other business contacts.
Answers questions and assists Mortgage personnel with questions that may rise before, during and after loan closing.
Assists area personnel as needed.
Attends meetings as required.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Performs related clerical functions as necessary
Keeps work area clean, secure and well maintained.
Keeps informed regarding policy and procedure changes.
Assists accounting personnel as needed.
Keeps Management informed of area activities and any significant problems.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• General knowledge of mortgage loan services and procedures helpful.
• Previous experience with a full service financial institution helpful.
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to assist others.
• Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
• Good organization skills and attentive to detail.
• Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment.