Responsible for the maintenance of ongoing data sources, metrics, reports, analyses,
dashboards, etc. used to evaluate performance of employees & functions within the credit union such as branches, call centers, mortgage, underwriting, etc.
Supports the analytics information mgmt. team in analyzing results, data sources, forecast, and performance metrics of credit union staff. Analyzes and interprets business intelligence reports. Works with analytics information management team and other IT staff to support managerial and strategic business intelligence needs.
1) Determines relevant data needs and coordinates with team and other IT staff to fulfill those needs.
a) Work with team to define requirements for views, queries, and tables necessary to support analytic needs that conform and expand data marts and the integrated data warehouse.
b) Work with management and other staff to assess various reporting needs.
c) Develops an understanding of underlying corporate data sources and their relationships to support BI development.
d) Analyze reporting needs and requirements. Assess current reporting in the context of strategic goals and devise plans for delivering the most appropriate reporting solutions to users.
2) Maintains recurring and ad-hoc business intelligence reports and dashboards.
a) Extracts operational, performance, statistical and other data from various information systems.
b) Maintains & answers questions for reporting and analysis needs of the organization,
primarily to support company performance reporting needs.
c) Uses various software applications such as desktop tools, spreadsheets, report writing software, statistical software, graphical presentation tools, and BI applications to assemble, manipulate and/ or format data and/or reports.
d) Works within controls to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and confidentiality of all reports, views, dashboards, analyses and data.
e) Trains and supports end users on access of reports.
f) Assists and supports credit union personnel as needed.
3) Works closely with analytics information manager to interpret and analyze results.
a) Analyzes, interprets and summarizes outputs.
b) Participates in the interpretation and context of complex business reports .
c) Runs what-‐if simulations based on varying factors and assumptions.
d) Identifies exceptions, positive and negative trends and measures that are out of tolerance with established limits and ranges.
e) Identifies potential concerns based on projections of current trends.
f) Performs statistical and financial analysis of data and prepares reports for management and other credit union personnel on key observations and findings.
• Must have prior experience working business intelligence tools in large or midsize companies.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and react to problems quickly.
• Must be able to translate concepts and directions into practical solutions.
• Must have an understanding of relational database structures, multi-dimensional
databases, data warehouse design, and BI architecture.
• Must have experience with SQL.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Understanding of the financial services industry desired.
• Familiarity with Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Sharepoint) desired
• Experience with dashboard design and delivery desired.
• Experience using Tableau Enterprise Reporting to analyze data and report conclusions.
• One to three years of experience in designing, maintaining or implementing business intelligence reporting solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or other business related field. Equivalent experience may substitute for education qualifications.