America First is currently seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our tight-knit Marketing and Creative team. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating top-notch design work to support our marketing efforts in the print, interactive, and broadcast arenas. Attention to detail, creative & analytical thinking, and excellent communication skills are essential. Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is required. Experience with motion graphics using Adobe After Effects and Premier is desired, but not required. Candidate should have a degree in graphic design, and a minimum of three years experience in the design industry. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit a digital portfolio or a link to your online portfolio along with your application.
**Please submit a digital portfolio or a link to your online portfolio along with your application to Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org**
· Design and graphic development of projects in print, interactive & broadcast/motion graphics arenas.
· Interact with Art Director and Creative Director to develop creative concepts and execution for assigned campaigns and products.
· Work closely with project management team to schedule and monitor all projects.
· Provide accurate time and cost estimates for projects.
· Help participate in creative meetings and brainstorming sessions with marketing team and outside agency partners.
· Perform miscellaneous tasks, as directed by the Art Director, Creative Director, and/or VP Marketing.
· A minimum of an associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
· 3+ years design experience in an agency setting, or 5+ years in an in-house setting is required.
· If no degree is possessed, then 6–8 years related experience in agency setting is required.
· Must possess exceptional computer skills. Macintosh operating platform a must. Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud software applications including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign is required. Adobe After Effects, and Premier are a plus. Also, experience with presentation software (Word, Powerpoint or Keynote) are a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions for print, interactive and broadcast/motion graphic platforms.
· Strong composition techniques for producing polished, well designed pieces for print, interactive & broadcast platforms.
· Solid design skills and sharp attention to detail in both layout and content.
· Photo-retouching and image manipulation skills.
· Demonstrated complete understanding of:
o Color theory and color relationships.
o Typography and typographic terms.
o Page composition and grid structures.
o Print production process, knowledge of production techniques, and correct prepress procedures.
o Photography and the photographic process.
· Demonstrated ability to:
o Learn about financial products and services, and communicate thorough knowledge of assigned product(s).
o Effectively check and approve work on press.
o Effectively collect electronic materials for output.
o Effectively handle multiple assignments and deadlines at one time.
o Manage challenging situations.