Responsible for performing a broad variety of customer services including opening new savings, share draft, and credit card accounts. Answers and directs telephone calls and questions and informs members of the complete array of Credit Union services. Responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support for all loan processing activities. Prepares closing documents and miscellaneous paperwork necessary for booking and funding of new loan business each month. Provides general typing and clerical support for underwriting, including credit investigations and document preparation. Tracks and obtains proof of insurance as required on member loans. Maintains departmental records and files and types routine reports and records. Assists or refers members as necessary.
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of member service functions.
a. Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs.
b. Opens new savings and share draft accounts, explains various options and programs available and prepares all related paperwork.
c. Maintains a supply of new account packets and related forms.
d. Answers and solves problems for members by listening, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party. Resolves member bookkeeping and checking account problems.
2. Performs title processing functions. Tracks all titles accurately. Insures Credit Union as lien holder and makes loan payoffs. Maintains DMV file to ensure proper title conveyance.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with members.
a. Resolves (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously. Answers member questions pertaining to loans, blue book values, balances, payoffs and student loans.
b. Keeps members properly informed of Credit Union policies and procedures.
c. Maintains and conveys the Credit Union's professional reputation.
d. Receives and directs members and telephone calls promptly. Records and relays messages.
e. Ensures that members' requests and questions are resolved quickly.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Actively and professionally cross-sells Credit Union services.
b. Performs miscellaneous clerical and secretarial functions as needed.
c. Keeps work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
d. Assists and supports area and all Credit Union personnel as needed.
e. Completes reports and records promptly and accurately. Types end of month reports.
f. Maintains branch files. (I.E. loan files, new accounts files, safe deposit, etc.)
g. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
h. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
5. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of teller functions.
a. Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
b. Receives deposits and loan payments.
c. Processes cash advances, cashier's checks, money orders, bank to bank wires, and Federal tax deposits.
d. Disburses cash or check withdrawals.
e. Processes transfers.
f. Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts, and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
g. Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. Investigates and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
h. Processes "bank by mail" transactions.
6. Perform Notary duties.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Thorough knowledge of member services, accounts, loans, and products provided.
* Understanding of new account bookkeeping procedures.
* Understanding of loan processing functions.
* Knowledge of related requirements, procedures, and underwriting criteria.
* Some accounting familiarity.
* Two years of varied office experience.
* Excellent communications and public relations skills.
* Strong typing abilities (60 wpm with acceptable accuracy & neatness).
* Solid math and bookkeeping abilities.
* Able to operate calculator, word processor, and related computer applications.
* Well organized.
* Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.