Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional Teller operations:
- Ensures that all Teller functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with established polices and standards. Ensures that all security procedures are followed.
- Assists with coordinating Teller operations as necessary. Assigns work and distributes work flow. Assists with weekly schedule, monitors lunch and breaks.
- Answers Tellers' questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems. Explains policies and procedures to members. Makes judgments for Tellers, within limits of authority, pertaining to cashing and/or accepting checks or drafts.
- Investigates Teller out of balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists Tellers in finding balancing errors. Ensures that each Teller balances at the end of each day and that all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs Teller paying and receiving functions as required. Receives share deposits and loan payments. Prepares proper receipts.
- Assists with maintaining an inventory of cashier's checks, money orders, receipts, travelers checks, and other negotiable items for use in the Teller area.
- Ensures that Branch Security procedures are followed.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring the effective performance of Service Representative functions:
- Ensures that all Service Representative functions are performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Answers questions of Service Representative personnel, solves problems and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems.
- Explains services, policies, and procedures to members. Opens and closes accounts. Processes stop-payments and corresponds with members regarding claims.
- Actively and professionally cross-sells Credit Union services.
Effectively assists the Lead Teller in the supervision of area personnel, ensuring optimal performance:
- Assists in providing leadership to personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Replaces Lead Teller as necessary.
- Assists in conducting meetings to inform and to train.
- Ensures that personnel are well-trained, effective, and optimally used. Provides instruction regarding policy, procedure, and service and product offerings. Orients new employees.
- Assists in tracking individual employee progress and assists with performance appraisals as required.
- Assists and supports Branch personnel as needed.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations exist with members:
- Ensures that members' requests, problems, and questions are promptly and courteously resolved. Answers members' questions or refers appropriately. Answers questions regarding account balances. Assists members with payroll deduction requests.
- Ensures that members are accurately and appropriately informed regarding Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and projected.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned:
- Orders Department supplies and necessary equipment maintenance.
- Ensures that work area and equipment are clean and well-maintained.
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of operations, including vault, alarm, and doors.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Performs related clerical functions as required.
- Attends meetings as required.