1. Assist with maintenance of firewalls.
- Assists in maintaining firewall software and hardware.
- Patches firewalls when necessary.
- Maintains firewall rule set through regular audits of firewalls rules.
- Creates, deletes, and modifies firewall rules when needed and does so using established policies and procedures.
- Ensures firewalls are properly monitored by internal monitoring systems.
- Assists in monitoring firewall logs.
- Tunes and configures firewalls for peak performance.
- Maintains and configures application firewalls.
2. Assumes responsibility of SSL and IPsec VPN systems.
- Maintains, configures, and troubleshoots SSL and IPsec VPN connections, including both site-to- site and client connections.
- Ensures VPN systems are up-to-date.
3. Assist with maintenance of Web Proxy.
- Assists in maintaining proxy software and hardware.
- Patches proxies when necessary.
- Maintains proxy policy through regular audits and health checks.
- Creates, deletes, and modifies policy when needed and does so using established processes and procedures.
- Ensures proxies are properly monitored by internal monitoring systems.
- Tunes and configures proxies for peak performance.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with area staff and management.
- Keeps Team Lead informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives.
- Assists and supports the rest of the team as needed.
- Prepares reports of activities, records, and other required documents.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of changes in security technology.
- Keeps work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists with security assessments of credit union systems, including application-based attacks such as fuzzing, injection, etc.
- Assists with the security assessment of various software purchases, external vendors and technology service providers.