1. Assumes responsibility for effective maintenance of Windows servers.
- Maintains Windows servers, installed Services, and Applications.
- Responsible for patching and routine maintenance of servers and the software installed on the systems.
- Ensures systems are properly monitored by internal monitoring systems such as OpenView.
- Maintains hardware, including installation of hardware, hardware repairs, etc. on various servers.
- Installs and configures new servers as needed.
2. Assumes responsibility for administering various software packages used on servers.
- Configures and administers various systems applications, such as Active Directory, LDAP, DHCP, etc.
- Installs, configures, and maintains additional software packages required for various functions within the credit union, including third-party applications and applications written by the Programming Department.
- Patches software applications.
- Administers Microsoft IIS and Apache/Tomcat servers.
3. Assumes responsibility for administration of various Application Virtualization systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Virtualization systems such as VMWare VSphere, Citrix Application Virtualization, Citrix Access Gateway, Microsoft App-V, and Terminal Services.
- Builds Microsoft infrastructure, including Citrix systems, for business continuity needs.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with area staff and management.
- Maintains system documentation, including run-time procedures, fail-over procedures, and on-going maintenance procedures, ensuring the health and stabilities of AFCU Systems.
- Keeps management informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives. Provides recommendations for establishing new and more effective programs and future equipment needs. Suggests related procedural changes.
- Assists and supports the rest of the team as needed.
- Prepares reports of activities, records, and other required documents.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of changes in computer technology.
- Keeps work area clean, secure, and well-maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists with user moves, deletions, creation, etc. within corporate directory system.
- Assists with branch server upgrades and new branch server rollouts.
- Patch management for servers.
- Installation, management, and configuration of VMware ESX server farms.
- Administration of Identity Management systems.
- Responds to system alerts and other issues in a timely manner.