The Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for establishing and enhancing business and personal member relationships in a geographical area. The BDR will be responsible for establishing and bringing sales opportunities into the branches in order to grow membership, loans, deposits, and product usage. The BDR will be responsible to create and execute a results oriented business development plan focusing on new and existing personal and business members as well as other business and community efforts. A BDR will work with SEG Development Officers to coordinate member relationships, sales efforts, community involvement and SEG development activities/solutions.
The BDR’s will be responsible for engaging new and existing AFCU SEG’s to establish a relationship. SEG relationship strategies will include opening new accounts with employees, understanding SEG needs related to AFCU products/services. The BDR will work closely with Branch Managers to transition SEG relationships to the appropriate branches.
The BDR will work closely with Branch Managers to provide best practices, tools, procedures and solutions for Business Development activities.
The BDR will be required to have a thorough and detailed understanding of the Credit Unions Products, Services, and Solutions available for Members with consumer and commercial needs. In addition, the BDR will be responsible to have an overall knowledge of the competition to the Credit Union including the products/services that we compete with.
Assumes responsibility for:
1) Business development results in a defined geographic area
2) Onboarding new SEG’s with local branch involvement
3) Tracking business development activities and associated results in regards to strategic objectives
4) Working local leads to generate sales
5) Communicate and receive proper approval from the Business Development Manager all community involvement
6) Providing support for Division Vice Presidents/Branch Managers Business Development activities
7) Creating trust through professional, collaborative efforts with external and internal relationships