Responsible for overseeing the administration and development of branch office. Implements appropriate policies, procedures, and training to ensure efficient and effective branch operations. Ensures that established goals are met.
Supervises branch budgets and business performance and promotes optimal and cost-effective operations. Directs and appraises branch staff. Is accountable for branch performance. Holds direct reports accountable for their performance. Implements and influences credit union strategies for a strong sales and service culture.
Creates and influences business development. Directs and administers the operations of assigned branch. Ensures that policies and procedures are followed. Maintains communication with Market Manager and Division V.P. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Trains, directs, and supervises branch staff.
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective administration of Branch functions and security.
a. Supervises work scheduling and work flow of daily routine operations.
b. Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
c. Ensures Branch security, including opening and closing the building. Ensures required testing of security equipment and required security training is conducted according to AFCU policy.
d. Responds to alarms or emergency issues during and outside of branch business hours.e. Ensures compliance with HR related policies, practices, and procedures regarding hiring, drug policy enforcement, time card usage, corrective actions, and terminations.
f. Evaluates overrides and waiver authority within limits for all necessary loan and teller transactions for appropriate risk tolerance.
g. Ensures that Branch auditing procedures are effectively conducted and that deficiencies are corrected.
h. Ensures that all Branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day.
i. Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists Tellers in resolving balancing problems.
j. Controls and handles daily deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
k. Ensures that Branch operations are well coordinated with appropriate operation departments. (Accounting, Security, Records, Etc.)
l. Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out.
m. Ensures proper communication with outside vendors to fix, repair, or maintain building upon arrival.
2. Effectively supervises Branch staff, ensuring optimal performance.
a. Provides leadership through effective objective goal setting and communication. Follows up with accountability.
b. Supervises all Branch personnel. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
c. Conducts regular meetings with Branch employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure. Ensures that staff members are well informed of new products, services, rates, and policies. Answers staff questions and assists in problem solving.
d. Ensures that personnel are well-trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Ensures that employees are attending required trainings and certifications. Performs cross-training as necessary. Schedules employee testing and recommends specific training programs as appropriate. Implements performance corrections as needed.
e. Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used. Determines appropriate staffing levels for proper utilization of human resources.
f. Tracks individual progress and conducts performance appraisals on each employee at least twice annually. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed.
g. Ensures that employees are appropriately compensated and prepares necessary forms. Recommends pay for employees as appropriate.
h. Implements changes to established policy and procedures within the Branch.
i. Conducts regular leadership meetings and trainings with branch management staff to coordinate branch goals and activities.
j. Reviews orientation and completes onboarding of new employees.
k. Provides leadership training to employees seeking management opportunities.
l. Ensures effective one-on-ones are conducted regularly with each employee.
m. Institutes prudent safety measures and ensures safe work environment.
n. Ensures that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment are available for personnel.
o. Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union products and services. Counsels members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
a. Ensures strong relationships with store management.
b. Generate increased membership opportunities through Business Development.
c. Networks within the community to find, attract, and maintain relationships with current and potential business.
d. Assumes responsibility for business development. Promotes AFCU in the community. Attends business events.
4. Assumes responsibility for the quality of member service provided by the branch.
a. Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles Member complaints. Adapts policies and procedures as appropriate.
b. Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and protected.
c. Ensures that staff is trained on core values & service standards. Provides additional training when errors occur and ensures errors are corrected in a timely manner.
d. Reviews service surveys and service reports to ensure baselines are being met. Implements changes or service improvement within the branch. Makes recommendations to management for improvement.
5. Assumes responsibility for implementing a sales culture and meeting sales goals set by management.
a. Continually seeks ways to improve Branch operations and productivity and to meet established sales goals.
b. Ensures that the Preferred Way of Selling is implemented in the branch sales efforts by use of
90-day action plans, Observation coaching, huddles and forward focus meetings.
c. Ensures that services are sold and delivered in accordance with established standards and procedures and the integrity and quality of all credit union programs are maintained.
6. Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
a. Fills in and performs duties as lead teller, loan officer, and teller as needed.
b. Must have ability and means to travel locally and intrastate on a flexible schedule as needed.
c. Acts as a Loan Officer, processing and approving member loans and accounts within established policies and limits set.
d. Performs Notary Public Services and Medallion Signature Guarantee Services as requested gathering and verifying all necessary documents required for this service.
e. Keeps management informed of Branch activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems. Requests assistance when necessary.
f. Manages and oversees expenses within the branch scope. Pursues cost-saving measures.
g. Tracks Branch statistics and makes recommendations to Management for improvements.
h. Works on special projects or committees as assigned.
i. Ensures all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each branch employee are approved and accurately recorded for payroll purposes.
j. Ensures that employees take annual week off per the Code of Conduct.
k. Other duties as assigned by the Market Manager and/or Sr Management
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• College degree in business administration or related field preferred.
• Understanding of Credit Union's field of membership.
• Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.
• Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to complete teller functions, new accounts, and loan processing.
• Understanding of statements and posted entries.
• Experience in leading and managing in diverse and complex environments.
• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and / or in a team environment to achieve goals.
• Experience in training and developing staff.
• Management in Motion graduate preferred.
• Skilled in developing and maintaining community and business relationships.
• Skilled in responding to requests regarding complex financial information / data.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Skilled in exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions.
• Skilled with interacting with staff, management, vendors, and members diplomatically and tactfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• At least 3 to 4 years of related experience in a financial institution, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
Certificates, Registrations, Trainings, Licenses
• Meet Branch Progression training expectations of all positions supervised. To include trainings such as New Manager Training and Preferred way of Selling, but not limited to.
• Notary Public (where needed and if eligible by current state law)
• Medallion Certification, where required
• Qualify annually under the S.A.F.E Act (NMLS)
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills.
• Well organized.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain an effective and efficient work flow.
• Professional appearance and work ethic.
• Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment.