Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional teller operations:
- Ensures that all teller functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with established polices and standards. Ensures that all security procedures are followed (i.e., alarms, cameras, teller audits. etc.).
- Coordinates teller operations by assisting in assigning work and distributing work flow. Coordinates weekly schedule, monitors lunch and breaks, tracks sick and vacation leave.
- Answers Service Representative's questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems. Explains policies and procedures to members. Makes judgements for Service Representatives within limits of authority, pertaining to cashing and/or accepting checks or drafts. Gives authorization for overrides.
- Investigates teller out of balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Ensures that each teller balances at the end of each day and that all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs teller paying and receiving functions as required. Receives share deposits and loan payments. Prepares proper receipts.
- Maintains an inventory of cashier's checks, money orders, receipts, travelers checks, and other negotiable items for use in the teller area.
- Balances vault and replenishes. Orders cash and disburses cash to tellers.
- Monitors orders, dispenses, ships, and balances cash.
- Keeps ATM functional and balanced. Insures that security procedures for ATM are followed.
- Loan training and duties. (The extent will vary from branch to branch.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring and effectively performing Member Services functions:
- Member Services functions are performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Answers questions of members and Service Representative personnel, solves problems and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems.
- Explains services, policies, and procedures to members. Opens new share draft, savings, and credit card accounts, including preparing all related paperwork. Processes stop-payments. Corresponds with members regarding claims, IRA's and CD's.
- Maintains a supply of new account packets and related forms.
- Actively and professionally cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Assists in completing dealer payoffs and with delivery of titles.
Assumes responsibility for effective receiving, reviewing, and processing of loan applications:
- Interviews, takes applications, gathers information and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests. Evaluates and verifies loan applications and credit criteria. Computes debt ratios. Verifies employment and income. Approves loans within limits of authority and notifies applicants of loan decisions. Requests additional information if required. Determines value of collateral.
- Performs loan processing functions. Pulls applicant files, verifies employment and salary, orders PR and appraisal, and runs credit reports. Types loan documents. Ensures that each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, processed, approved, and disbursed.
- Follows up to ensure that all necessary items are available for underwriting. Reviews information for completeness and accuracy. Ensures that processing is completed promptly.
- Assumes responsibility for 2nd mortgage loans, including origination, tile searches, appraisals, credit reports, etc. Follows through rescission period to closing after all supporting documents have been legally filed and returned to the Credit Union. Follows up on mortgages, trust deeds, and title policies.
- Performs title processing functions. Tracks all titles accurately. Insures Credit Union as lien holder and makes loan payoffs. Maintains DMV file to ensure proper title conveyance.
- Calculates terms, finance charges, and insurance on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes.
- Assists in servicing loans by processing such items as payoff, refinances, problem loan work-out arrangements, address changes, payment extensions, collateral releases, and payment due date changes.
- Posts fees to members' loans.
- Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures that loan requests are properly documented.
Effectively supervises area personnel, ensuring optimal performance:
- Provides leadership to personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Ensures that personnel are well-trained, effective, and optimally used. Provides instruction regarding policy, procedure, and service and product offerings. Assists new employees.
- Tracks individual employee progress and assists with performance appraisals as required. Provides support and suggestions for employee improvement.
- Assists and supports personnel as needed.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations exist with members:
- Resolves members' requests, problems, and questions are promptly and courteously resolved. Answers members' questions or refers appropriately. Answers questions regarding account balances, loans, blue book values, balances, payoffs, and student loans. Assists members with payroll deduction requests.
- Keeps members accurately and appropriately informed of Credit Union policies and procedures. Receives and processes new accounts and changes to existing accounts. Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation.
- Trains the staff on a continuous basis. (Staff meetings).
- Quarterly Security training.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Department and area personnel and with management:
- Coordinates Service Representative duties and responsibilities with related functions within and outside of the Department.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Provides suggestions for improved service.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately. Types end of month reports.
- Maintains employee progress.
- Attends meetings as required. Relays information to staff.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned:
- Ensures that work area and equipment are clean and well-maintained.
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of operations, including vault, alarm, and doors.
- Stays informed regarding developments and changes in the financial industry.
- Replaces Service Representatives as needed.
- Performs related clerical functions as required.
- In the absence of the Manager, assumes responsibility and decision making for service center.