Ensures the accuracy of SBA loan applications submitted for committee approval. Provide in depth analysis of loans in the portfolio to determine future opportunities and issues with existing members. Provide high quality and professional service to members, departments and branches. Actively participates in meetings with management and staff to improve operations.
1. Partner with lenders for face-to-face meetings and conference calls with borrowers.
2. Pre-screen SBA 7a and 504 loans for eligibility, cash flow and Credit Union SBA policy compliance.
3. Market and promote SBA lending within AFCU, Centers of Influence and the local community.
4. Liaison with SBA Underwriters, Closers and servicing staff to facilitate meeting SBA customer needs.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with centers of influence to generate additional SBA loan opportunities.
6. Liaison with the local SBA District office, Small Business Development Centers and other related groups and/or organizations.
7. Request and gathers complete financial information for all borrowers and guarantors applying for a loan.
8. Gives insight and recommendations on how a loan might be structured and approved.
9. Follows all policies and procedures in preparing loan recommendation packets for submission to loan review committee.
10. Makes sure all files are completed and in filing order when turned over to the loan administration group.
11. Performs financial and background analysis of existing commercial business loans.
a. Gathers complete financial information for all existing borrowers and guarantors.
b. Inputs gathered information into lending review and performs analysis of information.
c. Gives insight on performance and recommendations on future actions.
d. Follows all policies and procedures in preparing loan recommendation reviews for submission to loan review committee.
e. Makes sure all files are completed and in filing order when turned over to the loan administration group.
12. Assigned loans:
a. Assigned loan portfolio monitoring
b. Writing Credit Memorandums on any issues or changes to any assigned loan.
c. Working out collection arrangements as needed.
d. Communicating issues on loans to supervisors.
13. Ensure that professional business relations exist with members, vendors and trade professionals.
a. Represents the Credit Union in contacts with business and trade professionals.
b. Ensures that requests, questions, and problems are courteously and professionally resolved.
c. Ensures that the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained both internally and externally.
d. Establishing and maintaining professional business relations and providing high quality services to members and business contacts.
e. Obtains and conveys information as needed.
f. Resolves or refers questions and requests promptly and courteously.
g. Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
h. Maintains confidentiality.
14. Other related duties as required.
a. Completes miscellaneous duties as needed.
b. Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
c. Completes special projects as assigned.