The Product Manager actively improves the credit union through product innovation and optimization initiatives that drive revenue growth. Product Managers develop creative product strategies and implement tactical plans. The Product Manager spearheads the development and deployment of products and pricing initiatives. Additionally, the Product Manager acts as a project manager for cross-functional teams.
1. Product Innovation
a. Leads product and process innovation and automation.
b. Develops compelling, differentiated, and innovative products that fit with organizational strategic objectives.
c. Creates product concepts via market research, member research, regulatory requirements and financial needs.
d. Prepares business cases for new concepts. Identifies unmet user and market needs and concepts that address those needs.
e. Identifies, builds and launches product features.
a. Leads strategic pricing initiatives to optimize member satisfaction and revenue requirements.
b. Sets pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
c. Evaluates and directs pricing models to reflect the risk profile.
3. Strategic Management
a. Develops and drives compelling product and revenue generating strategies.
b. Establishes and drives short, mid-, and long-term strategic plans and objectives and to ensure strategies are aligned across the organization.
c. Ensures product line sustainability and defines product vision.
4. Interaction with Others
a. Leads cross-functional teams on product development and pricing.
b. Serves as a liaison to all other participating business units, while maintaining vendor relationships and negotiating contracts.
c. Is the authoritative source of product-related information for the product line.
d. Acts as a project manager to ensure timely product delivery and efficient coordination between business units.
a. Studies trends in product portfolios and determines the mitigating factors. Analyzes the effect these factors will have on products’ future performance.
b. Conducts market research to understand the appeal of new products.
c. Has a thorough understanding of competitors and alternative markets within each environment.
d. Scrutinizes competitors’ products and educates Senior Management on how to effectively position the credit union within the competitive marketplace.
e. Is the market and technical subject matter expert within the organization for assigned products.
f. Works with DBAs to develop views, queries, and tables necessary to make intelligent business decisions.
• Four-year Business, Economics, Finance, or related college degree.
• MBA desirable.
• Knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures.
• Understanding of market pressures that drive product performance.
• Familiarity with statistical analysis and financial and market indicators.
• Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL) and Oracle RDBMS.
• Three to five years in product management or related field, preferably at a financial institution.
- Defining and launching excellent products.
- Influence cross-functional teams.
- Abstract, analytical, and creative thinking abilities.
- Leadership, decision making, problem solving, communication, and project management skills.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SQL.